Coordinator – Karri Ammann
The week of May 2-May 6 has been set aside as Pinebrook’s Staff Appreciation Week. The PTA and your Room Parents are excited to make it a special week here at Pinebrook to honor our valuable Teachers and Staff. Our theme this year is “The Force is Strong with the Pinebrook Staff”. Here’s what we have planned… (Shhhh! Let’s try to keep this a surprise for the staff)!
|Snack Bar set up in the Teachers’ Lounge|
Students wear Star Wars themed attire
To go along with our theme, we are also inviting students to dress up if they desire. Although we encourage creativity, outfits should adhere to the school dress code guidelines and NOT include toy weapons.
|Wednesday, May 4||Students bring in decorated notes/pictures for the teachers and staff members (see templates attached)|
Yoda Best gifts (**see below)
|Thursday, May 5||Cinco de Mayo themed Luncheon for Staff|
|Sweet Treat for Staff to finish off the week|
** On Wednesday, May 4th, each student is invited to bring in a “Yoda Best” gift for his/her teacher. The “gift” can be the teacher’s favorite candy or snack, a much-needed classroom supply or an item off the teacher’s wish list. We’ll leave the creativity up to each student/family OR you can work with your Room Parent to create a class-generated “gift”. Some teachers have Favorite Things lists already created. You can find those on the PTA website at www.pnbpta.org and look under “Teachers Lists of Favorite Things”.
Appreciation Notes from Students
Want to send your teacher a personalized Thank You note? Check out the attached coloring pages (BELOW) to show your teachers how much you appreciate them for being the best and thank them for the ways they support us every day. (Parents, please encourage your child to complete this project and bring to school on Wednesday, May 4th.)
1. Use the templates provided or draw one free style on a piece of paper.
2. Please consider writing a letter for each of your specialty teachers and assistants (Music, Art, P.E., Computer, teacher assistants, etc.) and any staff members you’d like to show your appreciation for (Principal, Secretary, Custodian, Nurse, Librarian, Guidance, Reading Specialist, Cafeteria Staff, etc.). Specialist teachers’ and assistants’ notes can be dropped into the box located in the main lobby and we will ensure distribution.
3. If you need any assistance with the staff members’ names, please check the Pinebrook website. Click “About” in the Menu at the top right and select “Searchable Staff Directory”.
4. **Don’t forget to put the teacher or staff member’s name clearly on the project so we can be sure it gets to the appropriate person.
5. If you have any questions on this project or any other aspects of Staff Appreciation Week, please contact Karri Ammann at firstname.lastname@example.org.